Sunday, January 08, 2006

I'm moving now

It's funny how a project can sit for months and never be touched and then all of a sudden when it does get picked back up, it just flies to completion. That is the way my mom's sweater went and now my son's Star Wars afghan. That afghan especially has been hanging around for almost a year. My son has been ever so patient and very philosophical about it. He told me last night that he knew he would get it eventually and sometimes stuff just didn't work out as planned. My husband's afghan was done in about a month. I just could not get going on this one after about two rows worth of squares. I did join as I went though (which I didn't do with hubby's) so at least I haven't had all those squares to keep up with. I now have all assembled and the only crocheting I have left is the border. I finished the cross stitching on two(!!!) squares last night and so now I only have one square and the logo panel at the top to cross stitch. WooHoo!!! I've already told my other son that I'm not doing anymore Star Wars afghans for at least a year after I get this one done. I'll probably wind up doing it, or at least starting it before the year's out if he decides he wants one bad enough LOL :)

No comments: