Monday, August 08, 2005

Stash Inheritance

I inherited MIL's yarn/thread stash and got it home yesterday. Bless her, she could not keep yarn from tangling and knotting up. So, I spent the most of the afternoon and all evening yesterday untangling and rerolling just about every bit of yarn in the bunch. One color (Red Heart Raspberry) was so bad, that she had gotten frustrated with it and started cutting it every time she came to a big knot. So now I have all these little balls and bunches not even long enough to make into a ball. As we used to crochet together all the time, it was the hardest thing I believe I have ever had to do. I did find a bag of purple Red Heart Plush that she had bought to make me an afghan for Christmas. I'll be starting on that as soon as I get caught up on some of my other stuff.
I am going to have to wash just about all of it, since her and FIL were heavy smokers. Whew is it strong! At least I won't have to throw out the stockings full of snags and runs. I'll just use them to keep the yarn neat in the washer and dryer.

No comments: