Sunday, September 30, 2012

Next Project Please!

Wow! I've gotten a lot done in the last few months :D Let's recap: 1) contest afghan, 2) family reunion afghan, 3) Ninja Guy10 doll, 4) gift afghan. Neat! I am sort of proud of that. I must say though that the gift afghan turned out way smaller than I thought. The picture seems to be a much bigger afghan. I crochet a little tight, but I've never had gauge problems before. I'm still stumped about that one.

My next item on the list is my tree skirt. It's the 12 Days of Christmas- 6 panels with 2 cross-stitched pictures on each pattern to represent the gifts given on each of the 12 days of Christmas. I've got the panels done and 2 of them are cross-stitched and joined. I've got 4 to go. I'll be starting on it after all the birthday bruhaha is over.

Along with the tree skirt are the tiny, sweet angel ornaments I'm doing for my Girl Scout troop for Christmas. I did a couple of test pieces with sport weight yarn and size 10 thread. I really love the wee little angel I that was the product of the size 10 thread! One of my wonderful neighbors is going to let me use her groovy card making equipment (as well as help me work out a custom design!) for a card to present the angels on.

Oh, and I actually knitted a shawl a couple of years ago and, boy did learn that knitting is not my thing. Anyhoo, it has been languishing in my house ever since completion waiting for the correct home. I happy to announce that the shawl has found a home! As soon as I get a confirmation on the address I'll be shipping it off :)

Happy hooking!

No comments: