Friday, October 05, 2012

Three, Four, Shut The Door


I discovered a skein of yarn left over from my contest afghan. It was the border color. It's a lovely dark teal color and I decided to use it to make scarves with for the scarf challenge I mentioned a few posts ago :)  I am happy to report I got 2 scarves and even a hat out of that skein of yarn! Both are stitch patterns I made up as I went. The hat is made of five 4-round granny squares. I love that pattern! I don't particularly care for the sewing together of the squares, but it is so easy to remember that I almost always make hats that way now. I'm still working on the sewing together part of the hat, but the scarves are ready to go! See:
 
The first one is alternating rows of hdc and hdc, ch 1 combo. the second one is a row of granny stitch patterns and dc clusters. It made the neatest diamond pattern. I think I'm going to be revising my goal for the scarf challenge. I think I'm going to halve it. 30 is just not going to happen. 10 though I think I can more reasonably do by the end of November. Especially since I have 4 already done!
 
 
 
 
 



No comments: