Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Scarf of one, it has begun!

I made my first scarf for the 60 Scarves in 60 Days challenge! It's on Ravelry now, but I remember when it was 30 scarves in 30 days and it was on Dee's blog. This is the ninth year! I can't believe it! I've only been able to participate a couple of years but it is so much fun! The first year I did it, I only got 1 or 2 scarves done and the other year I got 8. I'm going for at least 30 this year! It's the perfect way for me to practice a new stitch pattern or technique or even play with some new yarn :D

Anyhoo, I grabbed a skein of Red Heart Baby that has been hanging out in my stash forever and decided to try a scarf with it. I made a little bitty scarf, maybe toddler sized, but it is very pretty. It's a shell/dc pattern that was pictured on the label fo the Lionbrand Pound of Love that I used for the reunion afghan. I started a filet/sc one last night, but since I'm working from top-to-bottom instead of sid-to-side it's taking longer. I plan on making it longer than the shell one.

I hope to use up a slew of my stash in the process of this challenge. That way I'll be able to cut down on the amount of yarn crawling all over my house and, if I use up enought, maybe be able to shop for some more!

No comments: