Sunday, August 12, 2012

Tarheel Pineapples

Thanks to Hubby, I was able to reclaim possession of my pattern leaflet for the family reunion door prize afghan! I now have the pattern to hand, all the yarn needed and I am ready to go. I using a leaflet from Leisure Arts called Absolutely Gorgeous Pineapple Afghans. The pattern "Enchanted" was the one from this leaflet that was chosen for the gift certificate that was given as a door prize at last year's family reunion.

This year I'll have a ticket stub or something for me to get contact info from the winner. I didn't find out colors until May or June this year (right in the middle of my contest afghan). Of course, it didn't help that I wasn't able to be there last year.

I'm starting with a couple of practice squares to get the color changes worked out the way I want it. I've got one finished and the second halfway (finishing tonight). Once I get the colors in the order I want, I'll able to knock this puppy out in a couple of weeks.

The colors are Tarheel blue & white with black accents. It looks great so far. I'm very excited to see it completed!

No comments: