Sunday, August 05, 2012

Snipes & Pineapples

Baby Girl had her first snipe hunt last night! She went to a sleepover birthday party and the birthday parents decided to take the kids snipe hunting! Baby Girl has been so excited all week about this weekend. She was told that it would be a hunting party. I had told her that I couldn't think of what they would hunt unless it was snipes and the second she saw the birthday mom, she asked about what snipes were :D  I got a phone call last night from the birthday mom telling me about right after it happened. I can't wait until Baby Girl get home so I can here it first hand!

The family reunion afghan is still not started. AHHHHH! I am completely unloading every single box and stack of booklets and books to find my pattern book. I am almost certain it's in the closet, but you never know. I do know that I'll be starting on it no later than Friday. With 12-inch squares it'll only take me a couple or 3 weeks to get it done and ready to go. I'm using the pattern called "Enchanted" from the Leisure Arts leaflet Absolutely Gorgeous Pineapple Afghans. I have only made the square once in red and gold and it turned out lovely. This one will be Tarheel blue and white. I can't wait to see it finished! The only thing I haven't decided yet is whether or not to alternate the main colors on the squares. It's a little tough to decide.

No comments: