Tuesday, September 04, 2007

New Button!!!

Wow! Thanks so much to fibersbytracie for helping me to add this wonderful new button to my blog. I participated in the scarf challenge last year for the first time and I'm going to do it again this year. I'm really looking forward to it. Last year I was just learning to knit and I practiced my knitting by making a scarf in stockinette stitch. This year I'm going to try out a new crochet pattern and I might even do another knitted one.




The gift afghan drags on. I still cannot get past that one square. I think I'm going to just sit down today and get it done. I'm sure that once I get that square done that I'll be able to go faster. I'm going to try to get it done by the end of October. So, until then here's a preview:



I'm rather proud of it so far.


The past several days I've been working on the baby afghan for the karate teacher's wife. It's turning out really good and I'm really looking forward to getting it finished. I still haven't decided what kind of border to do. Maybe I'll do a matching border and do each heart in a different color all the way around. I've been thinking about doing the back loop double crochet border that is used in the pattern book for this square pattern. I'm going to have to give it some more thought.

No comments: