Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Crocodile Stitch!

I was looking at some project photos on the Crochet Partners YahooGroup and found something that looked like scales! How fabulous! So I read descriptions and found out that it's called the crocodile stitch. I turned to YouTube, of course (it's usually the first thing I do when looking to learn a new stitch) and lo and behold, several videos were there. There was even one for left-handers! Groovy! So, I got out some yarn and a hook and in about half an hour, I had a uber groovy swatch of "dragon" scales:These were made with worsted weight yarn (CYCA's size 4) and a size I hook. They were very fabulous, but not quite what I was looking for. So I grabbed some Vanna's Glamour Yarn (in red) and a size E hook and tried another hook. The resulting swatch was much more like what I had in mind.






How fantastic would a tabard made with this look for cosplay! Oh my gosh! I am so excited. One of the videos on YouTube even suggested making leg warmers. That would also be fantastic :D Oh, and here's the 2 side by side:

No comments: