Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Harry Potter Scarf/Afghan

Well, I finally got started on my brother's Harry Potter afghan. I decided to do wide scarves in each of the house colors like the ones in the Sorcerer's Stone movie. So far I've got the one for Hufflepuff done and I'm working on the one for Ravenclaw. I still need to get the yarn for Griffondor and Slytherin. I don't know how I'm going to join them yet. I'm thinking about doing an edging around each scarf to use to join them together. I'll have to ask my friends at Crochet Partners . I know they'll have a ton of ideas. My CP friends were the ones who inspired me to do this afghan in the first place :)

My mom's sweater is now waiting for the sleeves. I have now completed the back panel and both front panels and gotten them joined. It looks great so far. I'm trying to decide whether to do the collar and button band in the solid green or the ombre green. I've been working exclusively on the HP afghan this week, but next week I'll be spending every minute I can on getting my mom's sweater completely finished. And of course, I'll take pictures to post before I wrap it :)

The Star Wars afghan for my son is nearing completion. I have 10 squares left plus the logo panel. WooHoo!!!!!!!! My son has been so patient and nice about it, bless his heart. I'll be glad to get it done.

After the new year, I'll be starting on a baby afghan for my second cousin, whose wife is expecting their first baby. As of right now, I've decided on A granny square pattern on a Red Heart SuperSaver label. It's pretty, it's simple and it's made of the SuperSaver yarn so I know it will be durable. I even think I'll stick to the colors the pattern calls for. I'm definately going to take a break after that. I'm going to take a break from marathon crochet sessions and go back over my wish list of stuff I want to make for other family members and start on those things in March :)

No comments: