Monday, June 13, 2005

When life gets in the way

Whew! It's been rather busy and harried. MIL is still in the hospital and the doctor's have given up on saying when she may get to come home. They've given her a 50/50 chance of pulling through this without surgery and a 20/80 chance of making it through surgery, I think of any kind. She has emphasema and has had pneumonia bunches of times, so surgery is not something they like to even talk about. Any way, between trips to the hospital and trying to get my house company-friendly, I've been pretty busy. The kids are thoroughly enjoying their summer vacation. It's even been dry enough to get in the pool a few times. The boys bicker constantly though. Most of the time it doesn't bother me, but there are times when I just have to step in and tell them "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."
I did get the back panel to Mama's sweater done and I finally found my crochet binder with all my Star Wars patterns, so I will be able to finish the square I started and get at least one other one done this week. I recently joind HeartMadeBlessings and am working on 2 squares for that this week. I'm doing a royal blue granny square and a purple square in a pattern as yet undetermined. I'll be putting the final touches on Dorinda's party dress on Friday. I was working on a camo afghan for my son's friend. It's just a big granny square as of right now, but I think I'm going to frog the whole thing and start over. I'll have to look through my patterns, but I'm leaning toward a ripple, even though I really don't like those. I have a hard time keeping count. My sides usually end up going all wonky. Or I might do a panel or MAM style. Well, I'm going to redo that and start on a friendship-shawl for the mother of that same friend.

No comments: