Saturday, October 07, 2006

Catching up

Wow! I can't believe it's been so long since my last post! Well, things have been rather chaotic here for quite a while. There's been colds, a touch of the flu, 2 birthday parties and family stuff between then and now. I haven't even done all that much in the way of crocheting until last month. That was how I really realized that I had too much going on. So, now I'm back at the hook.

I made a baby afghan for my cousin's best friend using the Adoring Hearts pattern from the book, A Crocheter's Garden of Afghans (see my January archives for a picture). Unfortunately, I was unable to find my camera before I had to deliver it. This sweet afghan was made with Bernat Baby Coordinates in Sweet Pink and White. I alternated squares with half of them being pink with white hearts and the other half being white with pink hearts. I finished with a round of white single crochet and the border round of big pink treble crochet shells. I turned out really pretty. I'm sorry I couldn't get a picture. That afghan went over so well, that another aunt (great-aunt, actually) asked me to make her one only in green and white and a little bigger. So that's what I'm working on now. I've got just over half of the squares done. I'm again using the Adoring Hearts pattern and Bernat Baby Coordinates, this time in Iced Mint and White. I'm going to do the same border with one round of white single crochet and the final round of big green treble crochet shells. I have my camera again, and will definitely be getting a picture of this one to post here as soon as I get it done.

My next project will be to finally finish my brother's Harry Potter scarfghan. I finally got the logo graphed out and will be doing a panel at the top and cross-stitching the logo on. I might even add some golden snitch squares along the bottom, but that's going to depend on how long it takes me to get this afghan put together and the logo panel done. After I finish that afghan, I'll be starting on a set of placemats. They'll be done in delta crochet that I learned from an online crochet class at Hass Designs. I'm looking forward to getting started on those. I love working in the round at any time and this is a kind of filet, but it's triangle-shaped instead of squares. I've never been able to get the squares to be squares, they're always rectangles. The triangles I can do :)

I've lined up some projects to complete/do after the holidays. I have some other things I'd like to do, such as learn new techniques, study calligraphy, use up some of my scrap stash. Especially that last one. I've got so much scrap yarn, that I'm running out of room to put it. I'm going to have to get it worked up. Our house is so small, that there's barely enough room for us sometimes as it is. LOL I'll keep you posted (pun intended).

No comments: