Monday, February 20, 2006

Baby Afghan



Here is the first baby afghan I've ever made for any relatives. This one went to a cousin that I graduated high school with. He and his wife have been trying forever to have a baby and now they have one!! Woohoo!! I was tickled to make this, especially after I heard that they got almost no blankets at the baby shower. Here's the completed ghan:

Here's also close-ups of the squares I used (See the post "The Baby is Coming, The Baby is Coming") once they were put together as well as close-ups of the border that ended with a final round of reverse single crochet:

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Very lovely! Where did you find the pattern for it?

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!! You did a wonderful job. Now I want to make one...

Norma said...

Wow, Beata! Love the baby blanket - it's really a treasure. And the black and white square below is just fascinating to look at! Nice work!!!!

sara said...

i LOVE the baby blanket!!!!!!!!!!

Pooch said...

Beata,
The unique baby blanket will be long treasured by the recipient. Just beautiful!! Is there a pattern source for it?

:)